A Sales Support Associate, “SSA”, will act as a liaison, provide product/services information and resolve any emerging problems that our clients might face with accuracy and efficiency.
The best SSAs are genuinely excited to help customers. They’re patient, empathetic, and
passionately communicative. SSAs can put themselves in the customers’ shoes and advocate for them when necessary. Problem-solving also comes naturally to SSAs. They are confident at troubleshooting and investigate if they don’t have enough information to resolve customer concerns and situations.
The target is to ensure excellent service standards, respond efficiently to customer inquiries and to maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction. An SSA is responsible for handling an array of front-facing duties. Some of these tasks include interacting with customers over the phone, in person, and/or via email and social media.
Throughout all of these interactions Customer Service Representatives must maintain a high level of professionalism and present the organization in the best light possible.
An SSA provides the sales team with exemplary administrative detailed support. This position will involve managing tasks that require a high level of confidentially with sensitive information.
• Manage incoming calls and emails
• Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction
• Build sustainable relationships and trust with customer accounts through open and
• Provide accurate, valid and complete information by using the right methods/tools
• Handle customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the
time limits; follow up to ensure resolution
• Keep records of customer interactions, process customer accounts and file documents
• Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies
• Take the extra mile to engage customers
• Responsible for maintaining a high level of professionalism with clients and working to establish a positive rapport with every caller
• Update customer information in the customer service database during and after each call
• Work with the management team to stay updated on product knowledge and be informed of any changes in company policies and industry standards
• Impact the company’s bottom line by problem solving and turning frustrated clients into repeat customers
• Provide support to sales team with CRM maintenance including establish client files,
plans, polices, etc.
• Support sales team in additional items as needed
• Minimal travel
• Assist in development of new processes
• Social / Email campaign management
• Social outreach and community event coordination
• High school degree
• Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening
• Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
• Ability to use standard office equipment
• Proficient in MS Outlook
• Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
• Proven customer support experience
• Familiarity with CRM systems and practices
• Health and Life / Property and Casualty license or willing to obtain
• Proficient in MS Office Suite
• Secure supplies and files
• Digital dexterity and eye/hand coordination in the operation of office equipment
• Light to moderate lifting and carrying of supplies, files, etc.
• Ability to speak to and to hear other employees on the telephone and in person
• Body and motor skills sufficient to enable the incumbent to move from one location to
• Perform simple to moderately complex mathematical calculations
• Manipulate a keyboard
• Ability to climb stairs
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.